Tiffany Beucher for Eurostar's Metropolitan Magazine
March 2, 2020
Illustrator Tiffany Beucher was commissioned by Eurostar's Metropolitan Magazine to create six colourful and bold 'Baddass women of Amsterdam' illustrations for a feature highlighting their various tales and accomplishments:
- Joan of Constantinople ruled Flanders from the age of six until her death in 1245
- Frieda Belinfante was a Dutch cellist, conductor, a prominent lesbian and a member of the Dutch resistance during World War II.
- Bet van Beeren was a flamboyant, legendary bar owner in Amsterdam.
- Aletta Henriëtte Jacobs was a Dutch physician and women's suffrage activist. As the first woman officially to attend a Dutch university, she became one of the first female physicians in the Netherlands
- Judith Jans Leyster was a Dutch Golden Age painter. She painted genre works, portraits and still lifes
- Johanna Elisabeth (Joke) Smit was a well-known Dutch feminist and politician in the 1970s.
See more of Tiffany's work here